Skip to main content

Android L on Nexus 4 (Mako)

ANDROID L LOLLIPOP


For all you guys who have been patiently waiting for Google to release the factory images, the wait can rather be very painful. Do keep an eye out on this link for the images - 

And for other impatient Android-ians like me; we have xda.
Yes, that is correct - > We have the Android L developer preview image ported for our Nexus 4.

All you need is a good backup since this requires a clean flash. Head over to xda using the below link: 


The build says it is in beta but I can assure you that it is stable as a rock.

Steps:

- Download the build - The latest 22S build is on :


Note: Check the OT for newer builds.

- Perform a factory wipe through recovery.

- Install the ROM

- Flash a custom kernel [optional]. Currently there are 3 kernels that are compatible with this ROM:


- Reboot :-)

Note: Optional: You can also flash the SuperSU version 2.19 for rooting your phone. Works very fine! 
Link:  SuperSU v2.19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Android backup solution

MyPhoneExplorer + TiBu + Nandroid. Here is my first attempt to write a blog about the best android backup solution. I own a mako (Nexus 4) device and creating a backup has always been a big concern to me. There are many options that allow you to backup your data to Cloud (including google backup); however I'm not comfortable storing my data which may (may not) be secure. Well, let's just say - I don't trust the cloud!  I have been flashing custom ROM's for a while now and as most of you may agree a Nandroid backup is a brilliant solution to all your backup needs. But that requires you to have a custom recovery/root access and the format in which it is stored may not be that user-friendly and readable on a simple windows PC.  I have had the pain of flashing a ROM / Kernel which led to data loss! Since then, I'm always careful to back up the data correctly before 'Swipe to Flash Zip File'! As mentioned there are various apps available on P

The Times of Corona

More than 3000 kms away from my motherland, tucked in my room as the dust storm grazes my window panes I ponder on the chaos my country is living in. The dark outrage that we are seeing around is heart-breaking. The same technology that is considered a life-saver is breaking the backbone of the unity of India. In the last couple of weeks, I see that social media is shoved with so much hatred. I wanted to fight it, I did.. I tried. But the hatred is so widespread and deep, that you just need to drown in it or flow with it. Let me make it clear. I am a Muslim and I want to help fight this deadly virus that has engulfed us. Before I progress towards the gigantic effort of disbanding the religion from this virus, let me say this out loud: - A human* spitting at another human is wrong. - A human* pelting stones at another is wrong. - A human* disrespecting another (in the 1000 possible ways) is wrong. - A group of humans* getting together INTENTIONALLY to cause the spread of virus